Friday, September 11, 2009

Hello again

I know I have been absent for some time..but I have a feeling i will be poking my head into the blogging world if nothing else because it is a wonderful way for me to procrastinate..also, i feel like when I am immersed in academia, my thoughts are reeling just spinning and I feel like expressing them is so often what brings me the most peace.

So I have been reading a lot of philosophy the past couple of weeks for my new and daunting class postmodern religious thought. What is that you might ask? Well is it the postmodern, whatever the hell that means, thought of religion and the existence of God. Why would you take a class like that? you might also add, that is a good question. I have veered for good reason away from theory and philosophy and for some reason, was up to the challenge this semester.

What I have read so far has been far from disappointing and dry. I was impassioned right along with all Kierkegaards exclamation points and moved to fury and throwing down my book with some of nietzsche's absurdity. I am excited to see where other philosophers inspire me to go, or do. Sing? Dance? Cry? Scream? We will see and I will update with some of the more inspiring things.

Other than that I am living off campus in a beautiful apartment with two beautiful roomies with whom I have impassioned conversations with almost daily about life the world God. I know along with this environment comes doubt stress fear anxiety and loneliness..but other days bring an immense excitement for life and learning. I find myself inspired and challenged and excited to see how I can grow by the end of the semester.

Also..I have been baking a lot here is a recipe for the best choco cookies I have some across so far, although the hunt is still on, I feel like the perfect cookie I have only eaten but have yet to replicate. any recipes are more than welcome!!

Cookies

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.

Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Makes six dozen cookies.

This is her blog: http://noshwithme.com/2005/10/chocolate-chip-cookies/

3 comments:

Jane said...

I can hear it now, "I found this amazing blog while I was looking for recipes - this girl from Swarthmore who blogs Nietzsche and chocolate chip cookies!" Keep using this delightful way to procrastinate, kiddo!

theresagnes said...

Oh yummmy yummmmmy

Sarah said...

Oh fyi I halved the recipe..that is bake sale for serious work there