Thursday, April 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes!



Today i made cuppies for a party for my UPENN class. I did it inbetween thesis overload work, and man o man o man o man I was happy. I was in such a bad mood until I got home to decorate the cuppies I made the night before. I just turned on some good ol tunes and danced a bit while I whipped up some peanut butter buttercream frosting and piped them on (thanks mom for sending me my frosting tip long ago!) And boy- let me tell you they were AMAZING. The secret? A doctored up choco cake mix recipe, it was the moistest most delicious cake I have had..and no one was the wiser (cept you all now hehe) They looked exactly like the picture.

So I had to carry them, two platefuls of the cuppies on the train to philly, and the whole world wanted to talk with me about them..it made everyone so happy to see cupcakes! One man sat next to me- on a half empty train- declaring, "I am going to sit next to the cupcake woman!" and talked to me the whole way about his adventures in Japan. He reminded me of a chivalrous Italian mobster. One man shouted out to all the commuters coming home from work just before my stop..Cupcakes everyone!!! We laughed- most everyone I passed made a comment about them... and I realized that is mostly the whole reason I love to bake. It makes me happy, it makes the world happy..

The only downside was I so wished I could have shared them. It felt a bit weird to hoard my cupcakes past the drooling faces, in fact one boy came up and said following his fathers joke of my 'free cupcakes', "your giving out free cupcakes?" in a painfully hopeful look... oh lord I should have given him one.

So maybe my real dream is a bakery..just maybe thats what I will do in life...I am only further affirmed after today that having done that I would die a happy woman :)

2 comments:

Jim Shea said...

Hey Sarah,
How about a recipe so I can have Cindy whip some up (with my help of course!)

Good to hear from you.

Uncle Jim

mesc said...

OOOOHHHHH - a Bakery???? YES!!!!! Then I can come visit you and help you bake anytime I want after I retire!!!! YEAH!! - love you Aunt ME