I was sitting on the Cathedral stepts talking to a friend yesterday when this man walks by...with large dreds under his colorful rasta hat, carrying some sort of artisanry and wobbling quite a bit.
Que dios te bendiga primo... May God bless you cousin he said to the guy I was sitting with. He looked over at me, que Dios te bendiga.
Y a ti..and to you I replied with a grin.
Tu crees en Dios.. Do you believe in God.
Yes I relied.
Where is he? he asked have you seen him?
He is everywhere I replied, i see him in those trees over there, pointing across the way.
He then leans his whole body back (i am a little worried about this wobbly man doing that) closes his eyes, lifts his arms so slighlty and takes a deep breath. God is in the wind, he is in the air you breath he said.
Si esta aqui si...yes he is there I replied my smile only broader.
Que Dios te bendiga he said agian and began to take a step away and then he looked at me and said y que dios te bendiga looking right into my eyes. Sabe quien me dio la vida? Do you know who gave me life? he asked me.
God I replied...and women
Ahha Si! Mujeres, women. He replied. They suffer for life.
They suffer to give life to cabrones (saying they suffer for those who do not deserve their gift nor sufferings)
And he walked away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah beautiful!
Good Lord, Sarah! You're the only person I know who regularly runs into such interesting people and makes heart-felt connections with them! I would like to see the beauty that you do. I will tomorrow.
Post a Comment