Monday, September 24, 2007

No need for that

Today I met up with Juan, a guy that I had dated last year. When he walked in the door of my cafe I became flustered and nervous. Why?? Good question. As time has continued here the realization that I do not want to date this guy or guys like Juan has become more and more cemented in my mind. There is still something though that attracts me to him, actually I can name a few (exotically Venezuelan for one ;-). I have been upset that we havent been able to be friends, because we share an intimate connection and passion for many things. Our shared dinner tonight though has helped me realize that I do not think a friendship is worth pursing. The feeling I have when I walk away from an encounter with him lately has not been positive. I can pinpoint many things that make me feel that way but I dont think is fair to him to share. Also the fact that I still become weak kneed when he is around (he tends to knowingly have that effect on many women) is a sure sign that I should stay away. I thought that I was strong enough in decision that this guy was not right for me to be over those feelings, but alas the heart has a strong hold over the head sometimes. So, why am I spilling these personal details of my heart, well I guess I need to reinforce this process f saying goodbye. Now it is not the saying goodbye of a boyfriend, but the saying goodbye of a friend, in many ways more difficult. So adios mi amigo, tal vez un dia en el futuro podemos ser amigos, pero por ahora estoy contenta sin su compania.

3 comments:

T said...

Good for you Missy!

Every Sarah needs a Juan to teach them that's not what they want.

AND every Juan needs a Sarah to teach them not every girl wants a Juan!!!

Jane said...

LOL - Good one, Theresa! Sarah - you go girl!

CJ said...

Dear Sarah,
I hope you get this soon b/c I want you to be encouraged as soon as possible. I am praying for you for the three intentions that you mentioned on Monday. If you don't get a clear word from the Lord about going abroad, do which seems most right and constructive to you. I think that the Lord would be leaving it up to you. I heard about the 87 you got on your biology quiz: see, you definitely have the brains and talent to get very good grades. And in terms of putting up with those you don't accept you, I have a feeling that you will be gaining real great friends in the near future.
You are very precious to me, Sarah.
Love, Dad