Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Family

Man, I love you guys. What a family I have been blessed with. I was feeling pretty heavy this weekend. I walked and walked through the depths of south Philly to find a group of Franciscans that were supposed to be at a catholic get-together that I had heard about, but alas when I arrived with a leap of joy in my chest, they were not there. I was so hoping to find..something. Where are you God? How can you think that I can make it here alone? Well he doesn't. I called Theresa this afternoon, and just let the tears flow. She just listened with a mhhm and a sympathetic, I'm sorry Sarah. She even had a difficult weekend, but she put that aside to listen to my struggles. The advice and encouragement she gave me was so amazing, and so obviously from God. As I walked out of the darkroom where we were having the conversation I glanced up at the sky, and just thanked God. What an amazing support system I have; I am so far from being alone. Later my mom called and also offered me some drops of wisdom that gave me a further nudge of encouragement. Then my bro, sent me a message telling me that he wished he could give me a bear hug. I dont know how to put into words what a gift each of you were today. Funny in lamenting a lack of support here, I overlooked the most influential support in my life that isn't going anywhere.

No comments: