So it is my bday (well tomorrow!) I thought i would write a little reflection...yes Theresa I have tons of homework, but I cannot focus at the moment.
What it means to be 21. Reflecting back on my long years I think of the wisdom gained, the laughter the tears-
actually I think a poem will do
I am 21 today.
21 you say?
Thats right 21 says I
Well you deserve a pie!!
Yes that sounds nice
one with yuminess and spice!
and eating it I will reflect
whats that? A sigh I detect??
Listen it will only take a few moments, just be patient
Okay okay I hear you grumble (you try rhyming patient)
What 21 means to me I say
and the list begins and goes all day
It means salsa dancing with no worries about an ID!!!!!
it means I can legally enjoy that beer (or two....)
It means that I can put my party socks on for tomorrow night
It means that I am growing up :-(
It means that I am one year closer to graduating,
one year closer to growing into the woman I am learning and striving to be each day
one year gone by filled with absolutely amazing experiences...travels, love, new and amazing friends, spending time with old close friends, growing even closer to my family, amazing classes, a deeper understanding of who God is, dancing dancing dancing, music, enjoying warm nights outside with good friends, cold nights bundled by the fire with coffee and a good conversation, sharing in the pain of a family member, lending a tissue (and some chocolate) to a good friend when the tears wont stop flowing, seeking a warm voice over the telephone or a tight embrace when my own eyes are filled with tears, climbing fences, strutting past no pasar signs, climbing rooftops and trees, more dancing under the stars, hard lessons learned...junior is all I need say, humbling realizations, aha moments, sighs of relief after looong days with my nose in a book, driving with my sis mary with my hand out the window on a warm summer day, long conversations with my mom about God, life and guys (all so complicated!!) experiencing life with thousands of people I have met in the past year, and intimately tapping into many many people's lives that I have met on a more personal level, learning more of the world every day (for better or worse)
Man I could go on, but I will not make you read everything.
Most of all, at this young age in my life I can look at myself, reflect upon the woman I am today, and smile. Realizing that these past 21 years have made me who I am right at this moment, and not to let go in the years to come the most important things in my life that have shaped me thus far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sara that was beautiful and Happy Birthday! You are blessed to have a realationship with our Lord and to have an understanding of yourself.......We must love ourselves, so we can accept and be ourselves so we can forget ourselves (Fr. John Powell).
Happy Happy B-day to my favorite Sarah in the world. -BTW I don't give a hoot about your homework:)
That was lovely, sweetie! I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful day. Love you!!
Mom
Sarah - you could go on and on and on and on - I love reading.... I hope your birthday was wonderful. I think often of baking with you. I so want our families to get together again. Everyone is growing up - going their own way - I think about your Mom turning off the growing button before leaving each time - coming back and seeing my kids growing up so fast - now our grandkids are growing up just as fast. You live an amazing life sweetie - and something even more important than living an amazing life is KNOWING you are living an amazing life and being thankful for it while it is happening. Love you lots - Aunt ME
happy birthday, my love. I love you with all my heart.
Sarah! That was beautiful. Warm fuzzies I say. What a wonderful thing, to recognize with a smile the many many things you have done and how you have lived, really lived. I loved the recount of your memories. I loved the tissues and chocolate most.
Mucho amor,
Amy
Post a Comment