Hello all,
I only have a little time to write because very shorty I am going to take a bus back to Lizzy´s town (I must say though I am sort of dreading the ride seeing as how I have to pee with no bathroom in site, and Im not too fond of cramming three to a seat in a yellow bus for two hours while rocks jiggle the hell out of my blatter)
But who is complaining, not I. I really just wrote to say...I love it down here. WOW. I am amazed and inspired by the community people live in here, the music that seems to blare around every corner and pulses throughout their veins, la comida que es tan tan rica, queso y milk mmmmmmmm, abuelitas selling tortillas on the corner, women selling fruit, ¨que quiere mi amor¨ (what do you want my love) Taxi drivers that frustrate us to the point of screaming when they weasel us out of 20 limps and others that engage us in long conversations about their time in the states, and sigh with longing describing their old girlfriend there, ella estaba preciosa (she was beautiful) people that invite you into their homes and feed you plates of rice beans tortillas, carne, and best of all warm milk with a little bit of sugar.
I have so much more to write about this experience, but I will have to do so at a later time. I hope you got a glimpse of what life has been like for me this past week. I cannot wait to explore some more with my amazing sister Lizzy.
Mucho amor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Sarah - I'm so happy you are with Liz. Kiss her, hug her, take walks, sing songs, tell stories, cook together, write together.... Sister time - I wish I had some with your Mom. Love you - Aunt ME
Hi sweetie! I see I missed a call today - sorry, I turned the ringer off for church and forgot to turn it back on.
Love you!
Mom
You girls are so blessed to have each other and so be so fond of each other! What a tribute to your parents.
Post a Comment