Monday, January 19, 2009

One week

So I have been here one week!!! I experienced a sort of crash today..I was since then running one a lot of energy and excitement and meeting new people constantly, but today I woke up and didnt have the urge to talk to anyone and all I culd think about was sleep. And so I took a WONDERFUL 2 hour nap before walking around and about the city.

I stopped in A cathedral and began to pray. It was actually the first time my mind really quieted since being here. It was a beautiful prayer time and chat with Mary. Who better to guide me as I work towards what it means to be a woman?something that has been on my heart for quite some time now. I feel led and pulled in that direction in my life, as well as finding what that means for me personally as I procceed to the ripe age of 22! So I asked for her guidance each day of this journey,and then had the beautifully peaceful sense that I am right where I need to be...one the way to fulfilling my personal legend (a reference to the Alchemist, a book I just finished reading...meant just for me at just this time I think. Beautiful, I reccomend it to everyone!).

I just recieved this email that I thought would be hilarious to share. The conext is this, I went salsa dancing last Sat night wit my roomate and her boyfirend. They didnt want, and I didnt want to be the third person so her boyfirend called his friend Carlos. He was the most nervous and sweet guy I have meet...really sincere and innocent, and it seemed as though he liked me very much. As this setiment was not shared by me I wrote him an email saying that yes lets be friends but no more. This is what he said (well a clip) :

And thanks for clarify that you are not looking for any sort of relationship other than friends during your stay in Cuernavaca, I advice that youre a free girl, with ver high goals, and the freedom for you is very important, is the sense of your life and i understand you because is the same with me. But i want to tell you something honestly, youre a very nice sweet, charm and interesting girl, so its gonna be a little bit hard to dont fall in love, but i will do my best try we dont loose anything.
I hope you have a great time here in my country and i support you in your decitions and dreams Sarah.

I think I reallyneeded this today to break me from my bluish grey haze! hahahaha
Lots of love to you all I will write soon about my homestay, which I leave for this upcoming Wednesday!!
Amor y mas amor Sarah

3 comments:

T said...

Oh Sarah! I missed your call and called back, left a message. I hope you are well. I am so glad you had a chat with Mary, she is our example as women of strength, femininity and beauty (the inside type). She is our only human example of perfect acting in God's will. What an honor to us that God chose a woman to be this example!

Jane said...

What a sweet email, Sarah. And I agree, the blessed mother is so much more than we've ever imagined her to be - stronger, more graceful, more full of love, more a woman. Share all that you learn sweetie pea!

Jane said...

Sarah! I need your address you silly goose!